Research Design: Qualitative, Quantitative,...-92%
- Pages: 304 pages
- Publisher: SAGE Publications, Inc; Fifth edition (January 2, 2018)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1506386709
- ISBN-13: 978-1506386706
Research Design: Qualitative, Quantitative, and Mixed Methods Approaches by John W. Creswell and J. David Creswell Download PDF free
This bestselling text pioneered the comparison of qualitative, quantitative, and mixed methods research design. For all three approaches, John W. Creswell and new co author J. David Creswell include a preliminary consideration of philosophical assumptions; key elements of the research process; a review of the literature; an assessment of the use of theory in research applications, and reflections about the importance of writing and ethics in scholarly inquiry.
New to this Edition
- Updated discussion on designing a proposal for a research project and on the steps in designing a research study.
- Additional content on epistemological and ontological positioning in relation to the research question and chosen methodology and method.
- Additional updates on the transformative worldview.
- Expanded coverage on specific approaches such as case studies, participatory action research, and visual methods.
- Additional information about social media, online qualitative methods, and mentoring and reflexivity in qualitative methods.
- Incorporation of action research and program evaluation in mixed methods and coverage of the latest advances in the mixed methods field
- Additional coverage on qualitative and quantitative data analysis software in the respective methods chapters.
- Additional information about causality and its relationship to statistics in quantitative methods.
- Incorporation of writing discussion sections into each of the three methodologies.
- Current references and additional readings are included in this new edition.
“This text is incredibly helpful and among the books I use most frequently in my teaching and my own writing.” — Andrew Ryder
About the Author
John W. Creswell, PhD, is a professor of family medicine and codirector of the Michigan Mixed Methods Research and Scholarship Program at the University of Michigan. He has authored numerous articles and 28 books on mixed methods research, qualitative research, and research design. While at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, he held the Clifton Endowed Professor Chair, served as director of a mixed methods research office, founded SAGE’s Journal of Mixed Methods Research, and was an adjunct professor of family medicine at the University of Michigan and a consultant to the Veterans Administration health services research center. He was a Senior Fulbright Scholar to South Africa in 2008 and to Thailand in 2012. In 2011, he co-led a national working group on mixed methods practices at the National Institutes of Health, served as a visiting professor at Harvard’s School of Public Health, and received an honorary doctorate from the University of Pretoria, South Africa. In 2014, he was the president of the Mixed Methods International Research Association. In 2015, he joined the staff of family medicine at the University of Michigan. John has been teaching research methods courses for the past 40 years. Visit him at his website: johnwcreswell.com.
Research Design: Qualitative, Quantitative, and Mixed Methods Approaches by John W. Creswell and J. David Creswell Download PDF freeResearch Design: Qualitative, Quantitative, and Mixed Methods Approaches by John W. Creswell and J. David Creswell Download PDF free