Turkish Eggs ( Cilbir ) is a delicious meal to eat. it is highly known around the Arabic world also.
Prep time : 25 mins Cook time : 10 mins Servings : 2
What things do I need ?
For the Yogurt Spread:
- • 1 cup of Greek yogurt, at room temperature
- • 1 clove of garlic
- • 1/4 teaspoon of salt, or to taste
- • 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- • 1 pinch of cayenne pepper
- • 2 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill, or to taste
For the Aleppo butter:
- • 1/2 stick unsalted butter
- • 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- • 1/2 teaspoon of smoked bell pepper
- • 1 tablespoon Aleppo chili flakes
- • For the optional parsley and Jalapeno oil:
- • 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- • 1 tablespoon diced jalapeno pepper
- • 1 pinch of salt (optional)
- • 2 tablespoons olive oil (optional)
For the rest :
- • 1 tablespoon white vinegar, or if necessary
- • 4 large eggs
- • 1 pinch of sea salt
How to do ?
✓ Spoon yogurt in a medium bowl. Grate in garlic and mix to combine. Season with salt, pepper and cayenne pepper. Add the dill and mix thoroughly. Set aside at room temperature.
✓ Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat; heat until bubbles begin to burst. Add cumin, pepper and chili flakes. Stir until the color is uniform, turn off the heat and let the herbs penetrate.
✓ Grind parsley and jalapeno in a mortar. Season with salt, drizzle with olive oil and stir to combine.
✓ Fill a large saucepan with 2 to 3 inches of water and bring to the boil. Lower the heat to medium, pour in the vinegar and let the water simmer gently. Break an egg into a small bowl and gently slide the egg into the simmering water, keeping the bowl just above the water surface. Repeat this with the remaining eggs. Boil the eggs until the white is firm and the yolks are thickened but not hard, 2 1/2 to 3 minutes. Remove the eggs from the water with a slotted spoon, pat them on a kitchen towel to remove excess water and place them on a warm plate.
✓ Dough yogurt mixture on serving trays. Use the back of a spoon to spread yogurt in a bed for the eggs, cutting ridges in the top to catch the oil. Sprinkle with some jalapeno oil. Top with eggs and a spoon or two from the Aleppo butter. Sprinkle with sea salt.
What do I nourish per serving ?
616 calories; 57.1 g fat; 8.6 g Carbs; 19.9 g protein